About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to my blog. I love to do various crafts not just cardmaking. I'm so pleased you stopped by and very much appreciate all your comments that you are kind enough to leave. If you enjoy what you see, please add yourself to my list of followers or leave a comment. If you would like to purchase any of my creations, please email me for details. I hope that my blog inspires and helps you to create what ever it is you want to create. Hope to see you back here soon? Take care Nicki xXx

Sunday 31 May 2009

Covered Tin tutorial

Take a tin with a resealable lid (yep im addicted to cappuccino! its fab!)

Choose a paper to cover you tin.... i used scrapbook paper (big pad, cant remmeber the name of it again! oops!)
Measure the height of your tin....

Cut paper to size (12 x 12 paper is a good fit, although A4 landscape also fits!)
i used double sided tape to stick the paper to the tin...

i chose to use 2 co-ordinating papers, so attached the second one to the tin, but then you get an 'ugly' line!

I used border punch to cut a strip to run around the middle...

Using double sided tape (again!) i attached it around the middle of the tin...
still got some ugly lines tho!!!

Using some co-ordinating Pink border peel offs (or some ribbon... whatever you want to use, i attached around the top and bottom where the paper meets the top (you sometimes get a gap!) and the a strip around the middle to hide where the scalloped bit meets the paper...
I then attached images i stamped with Stampin Up stamp 'Playful Petals' (my fav at the minute!)

Et... Voila! the finished tin! hubby still thinks im really sad and need to get out more! lol

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Nicki this is fab .. urm , get the kids to eat and drink quicker me thinks, lol .. another fabby one to try

Sharon said...

Love this mate, now where did I put that tin. Will have to get Kelly to finish drinking it, don't want to wreak my diet. LOL

Nicki said...

.... i drink tons of that cappucino..just for the tins i think! (tastes fab, and is cheap too!) lol and chloe helps me out with the chocolate! ive got quite a collection awaiting renovation!!!
thanks for your lovely comments tho, much appreciated
hugs n stuff
Nicki
x

cats whiskers said...

Wow sweetie you have been busy since I was last on here some fab creations, Thanks for the tut will certainly have a go at that when I have a bit of time. Hope you had a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fabulous, I'm glad I'm not a man, they like football, I can see the point of being creative not over payed idiots kicking a ball. Each to thier own. Your cards and blog are very good. janex